Constru Casa is looking for a Volunteer Coordinator! If you would like to work with our team in Antigua Guatemala, and become a full time member of our staff, check out the job description below. If you think that this job is the one for you, and you want to “Build Better Lives in Guatemala”, submit your CV to email@example.com , and firstname.lastname@example.org!
Constru Casa is an established organization in Guatemala with an amazing potential for growth. We are looking for a dynamic and resourceful person to be our Volunteer Coordinator. Our Volunteer Coordinator is the first contact for new, current and former volunteers and visitors of Constru Casa. The Volunteer Coordinator promotes volunteering with Constru Casa and organizes all aspects pertaining to volunteer work, and ensures that the volunteers have a great experience in Guatemala. This is a great opportunity for a young professional to contribute to the development and growth of a highly professional development organization, while gaining first-hand field experience.
The Constru Casa offices are located just outside Antigua Guatemala, but the position requires visits to different construction sites around Antigua and sometimes in more rural areas.
Volunteer work with Constru Casa:
Constru Casa houses are built by paid local masons and their assistants. At least one member of the beneficiary family participates in the construction throughout the process. The construction of a Constru Casa house takes one to two weeks. Constru Casa invites volunteers firstly to help with construction, and secondly as a means of raising awareness and to get people involved with Constru Casa also in the future. Since Constru Casa is dependent on donations for the execution of its programs, volunteers are also an important means of raising funds. Developing a relationship with the volunteers once they are in Guatemala, keeping this relationship once they leave as well as being able to recognize potential within the volunteers wish for involvement, is an integral part of the volunteer coordinator´s job.
Constru Casa is looking for a Volunteer Coordinator who will be the link between the organization and the volunteers. The ideal candidate has an outgoing and assertive personality, is passionate about development work and loves people. Knowledge of Guatemala is an asset. The Volunteer Coordinator works closely with the Public Relations staff and reports to the Public Relations Manager.
Main tasks of the Volunteer Coordinator:
– Recruit new volunteers/groups through contact with churches, universities, and other organizations.
– Provide orientation and support to the volunteers to ensure that their time with Constru Casa is pleasant and enriching.
– Help volunteers in planning their trip and organize all aspects of their stay in Guatemala (transport, accommodation, special trips).
– Assist volunteers with fundraising activities before they come to Guatemala.
– Promote and organize trips for groups of volunteers, coming from universities, schools, churches, etc.
– Take responsibility for maintaining and updating the volunteer calendar, schedule and database.
– Keeps track of the information related to the volunteer contribution.
– Prepare all necessary documents for the volunteers before and during their stay, while working with Constru Casa.
– Communicate with people interested in the organization and possible volunteers to provide them with information and inspire them to work with Constru Casa.
– Coordinate where volunteers will work in close communication with the Constru Casa staff.
– Communicate and coordinate work with the social workers representing our partner organizations.
– Prepare, promote and lead tours of Constru Casa for interested people, by giving them information and taking them around to the different construction sites in the Antigua area.
– Follow up with volunteers and visitors of Constru Casa to ensure their continued interest in Constru Casa and possible future donations towards the project.
– Help with other fundraising activities and promotional initiatives.
– Complete various office tasks as assigned by Constru Casa staff.
– A minimum commitment of 2 years (we prefer a longer term commitment)
– Fluent in English and Spanish, proficient in written English and preferably also in written Spanish.
-Being a US Citizen is a plus.
– Proactive and a self-starter personality.
– Excellent coordination skills, ability to handle several tasks at the same time, and tendency to be a problem-solver.
– Good writing and promotional skills, experience in marketing and promotion preferable.
– Good computer skills: Outlook, Microsoft Office Package, Internet.
– Background in an area of Social Studies, Development, Public Relations, Marketing and/or Tourism is desirable.
– Enthusiasm, good communication and social skills, ability to work in international environment.
– This post requires working occasionally on weekends.
– Positive attitude and sensitivity towards Constru Casa’s mission and the housing problems in Guatemala.
– Flexible and adaptive to changes in plans.
Costs for work travel expenses in Guatemala are covered. Depending on experience and period of commitment we can offer a bit more stipend for the position.
Please contact by email:
Sending us your CV and a cover letter.
The deadline for this application is 15/05/2022